Friday, August 10, 2007

The trip to Tioman, Day 1

So here it is.I manage to get my self to sit down and write about the trip.I will divide it to 4 posts each to represent what happen in those days



Right so picking up where I left off, I was sitting in a bus that was heading to Mersing, which is somewhere is Johor.We left about 23.00 and the journey took something like 6 hours. Truth be told, it felt more like 60 as the journey to Mersing was really intense. There was a certain stretch along the road where it was winding and dark and the bus driver was driving really fast. In front of us was a lorry and a car.




I am certain that Malaysian bus drivers are the best drivers in the world.Forget about F1, try the Malaysian Road Circuit.You will never forget the exprience and neither will the other road users as the try to cheat death.Ok so maybe I making too much of a fuss but it does appear dangerous. But at 03.00 in the morning, I am just too sleepy to bother.


So we manage to reach our destination safety thank God and at 05.00 we find ourselves in Mersing. A small town, it is I suppose a fishing village?


Yeah seawater and fresh air at last.The difference between KL and small town is that you actually take the time to see how nice the weather is in the morning. Or maybe it is just me being the tourist.

Anyhow the weather is just fine and we wait another 4 hours go get into a ferry to take us to Pulau Tioman. The journey is about 2 hours but the wait is worth it.





Once we arrive, the good folk at the resort serves us with drinks


The check in process appear to the painless and in no time we have access to our rooms.


The key to the room..

The main room




The toilet.



The scenary outside the chalet.




And as such without wasting any more time, we head for the world biggest swimming pool, the sea.Hey it was great.I have swam for quite a while so it was a good exprience.Without realising it, time caught up with us and it was dinner already.




So we headed to the restaurant for dinner and after that, I had a look around the place. This is intresting was to decorate a lamp.





This also caught my eye..


In case you were wondering what this is, it is a snout of a sawfish.It is about 100 years old and was caught around the waters of the island.Deadly weapon.

Also what would an island be without it's seawater inhabitants.

Some kind of fish..

It a crab!!

The lobster..

I then saw this sign...

Maybe I should check it out...

..........

Ach wunderbar!!! There you are... And so cheap as well. Hei maybe there is some benefit to visit our own islands after all..

12 year old Chivas going for Rm 543.00 for 4.5 litres. That enough to keep you going for 12 years? Haha.

The JD ain't too bad either. RM399 for 3 litres.Massive.

I looked around for a bit and after that it was light out.So ends the first day.

No comments: