Monday, October 22, 2007

The long weekend,Part 1

Well I just realised that I never wrote anything about the POTS camp 2007 that I attended at Peacehaven in Genting Highlands.Oh well I might as well write about it now.The camp was held on the 12.10.2007 -17.10.2007. The initial of the camp would stand for Professional of Tomorrow where 3 professions namely teachers,lawyers and doctors met to dicuss to various topics and issue that affect both us and the nation.


I must say that the camp went beyond my expectations. It was amazing to say the least.Maybe that because I went without any expectations.However 200 happy campers can't be wrong and this shows that FES really did a good job. God Bless the good people of FES they really did a terrific job considering this is the first camp of this nature that was organised.


The camp was divided into talks,workshops,games and act ivies. There was never a dull moment and amazingly we(at least most of us) manage to stay in a locked compound for 5 days !!! If this was an ordinary scenario, this would constituted to be false imprisonment I sure.Haha


I also manage to met new people and at the same time reinenforce current friendships.What was shocking was how connected everyone appear to be.I will address this issue a bit later.Truly shocking.


Anyway, there was a more serious note on this camp which would be the underlining message would be that occupied the minds of many.


It gave me food for thought where it made me realised that I shouldn't give up so easily on this issue.That because there are many things that are worth fighting for. But I would say that the most compelling reason would be because there are still people who care.



I am indeed moved.May God grant me wisdom to make the correct decision.


1 comment:

John Wee said...

Hmm. sounds interesting, would be nice if you posted more of what happened during the camp yo.