Saturday, June 9, 2007

The 50 Anniversary of FBC


So First Baptist Church is finally 50 years old.That's a long time.Heck I don't think most people reading this post have reached that age.Yup in the same year that we celebrated independence ,with God's blessing the founders of church established it from a small building which acted as a meeting place to a flourishing church of 1000+ people.The young, middle age and the elderly come regularly and on this night it was no exception.
So the night begun with the singing of hymns and this is where I sent out emergency SMSes in the hope that someone out there would rescue me.I mean after being exposed to Hillsongs and Planet shakers, I have no idea how I manage to stay awake during worship all this while. :P
With that came the main event which was dinner and there was a slide show of the church history from the past till the present .There was also performances by church members and Joanne Yeoh the famous violinist.Yeah it was good.
So then came the message and the cutting of the cake which marked the end of the event.Well as a whole it was a good event and that there was a lot of catching up and reunions between the old and the new members.
Yup, it was a good event.So I am hoping I will make it to the next 50th anniversary which will be held on 2057 making me 74 years old.Now that scary thought...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup.. it's been a great 50 years!

speakeasy said...

You said it man!!!

John Wee said...

Hehehe. At least it sounded like you had alot of fun. And CAKE!

-John Wee-

speakeasy said...

Yeah mate,it was fun and memorable.Here is to another 50 years...